Yoko

All sides of Injection
It is currently 2024-04-27 18:23:31

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Introducing: ShardWire
PostPosted: 2004-06-29 23:04:05 

Hello, my name is Mifune. Allow me to introduce ShardWire, an Ultima Online Emulation and Free Shard Resource Portal. I've visited websites such as Tanjiers.org, DBSource (when they had the green, pink, and black template), Emu Resources, and The Smithy's Anvil a lot, and have come to realize that they are all lacking something or other. None of them has a complete downloads section, or a complete web links section, perhaps because the UO Emu community is so large. And not a single website offers a significant amount of quality shard reviews and coverage. No one knows what's going on in the hundreds of different shards. It's hard to compare shards to each other, because no one can even agree on what makes the perfect shard. Some people like pure PVP, others like pure Roleplaying, but most fall in the middle of those extremes, and just want to find a shard that offers decent gameplay, competent admins, and a fair-sized player base. It is my goal to determine which shards are actually the best, rather than leaving it to the toplists to decide, and by doing so, decrease the amount of time that the player has to spend hunting for a decent shard.

However, I also realize that I can achieve an even greater goal with this website: to focus the UO Emulation & Free Shard Community towards the common goal of developing a fully-emulated, fully custom, easy-to-use Ultima Online Game System, from the server, to the client, to third party tools, to the very graphics by which most people recognize UO, and to combat the exploitation of game flaws, hacks, and bugs that detract from the player's experience. At the same time, I intend to nurture the sort of community in which the playerbases and administrations of all the different shards actually interact with one another. Simply put, ShardWire will be a one-stop, fully-encompassing resource the likes of which the UO Emulation & Free Shard Community has never seen.

If you would like more information on some of the services that I am offering to the UO Emulation & Free Shard Community, go to this link:

http://www.shardwire.org/index.php?name=Introduction

Now Hiring Staff, Especially Shard Reviewers and Reporters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2004-06-30 13:18:22 

I think these guys are tryign to do the whole "downloads" thing to:
http://uofiles.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2004-06-30 23:35:51 
Site Admin

only can i say i seen many sites like you want to have so one more or one less have no much reason. the only can you do is to advertise yourself widely so you will have more rating, that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2004-07-15 04:51:21 

The difference between those other sites and ShardWire is that ShardWire is still up, it's still getting updated, and I won't rest until it's the best all-encompassing UO Emu resource. And I do plan to advertise widely. That's the only way, really.

Now Hiring Staff, Especially Shard Reviewers and Reporters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2004-07-15 04:58:17 
Site Admin

Good luck to you. You will need it.

Also you may get some brief shards info from Shards branch of forum.